On this tour, we will explore various dive sites along the Norwegian Trondheimfjord. This fjord is unique because it is considered the only place in the world where it is possible to find and observe deep-sea corals, chimaeras, and other deep-sea fish as well as the deep-sea helmet jellyfish Periphylla periphylla in easily accessible diving depths of 10 to max. 40 meters (33 t0 max. 131 ft).
This makes this diving trip especially suitable for divers, photographers, and videographers with an interest in biology. We organize this tour on demand for small groups of at least 4 tour members (fewer members possible at additional cost). Tour dates will be scheduled individually. They must take place between September and November because diving at night is not possible during the summer. Diving tours will be entirely or mostly conducted from land. There may be currents. A certain level of physical fitness and routine handling of diving equipment are basic prerequisites for joining this tour.
- Chimaeras (ghost sharks) at night in 10 to 30 m (33 to 100 ft) depth
- Deep sea corals (gorgonians and stone corals) in 20 to 40 m (65 to 130 ft) depth
- Deep sea jellyfish Periphylla periphylla in 5 to 30 m (17 to 100 ft) depth
- Richly varied macro life in 0 to 30 m (0 to 100 ft) depth
- Spotting various sharks and rays is possible
- Spotting various deep sea fish species is possible
- Often we spot moose, white-tailed eagle (sea eagle), and whales
- Fall landscapes in magnificent colors
- Northern lights (Aurora borealis) are possible